"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."
— The Dalai Lama
Happy Make a Difference Day!
Have you made a difference today? It’s NOT too late! Maybe you didn’t have time to plan to volunteer but a small gesture can even make a difference. Think of the people in your life: family, friends, neighbors, your community.
A few seconds on your time can and will make a difference in someone’s life:
- help an elderly individual cross the street
- donate your unwanted items (clothes, furniture, clothing, books, toys, etc) to your local Salvation Army or charity organization
- offer to babysit for a new Mother, even if she chooses to spend the time getting some much needed rest
- wash old blankets and hand out to the homless or take to your local homeless shelter
- encourage your children select a few toys out of their toy box to donate to a children’s hospital
a warm smile to a passing stranger